Am 19.09.2018 um 16:43 schrieb Durgamahesh Manne:

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 8:02 PM Andreas Kretschmer <andr...@a-kretschmer.de <mailto:andr...@a-kretschmer.de>> wrote:

    Am 19.09.2018 um 15:51 schrieb Durgamahesh Manne:
    > I have created BRIN index on few columns of the table without any
    > issues. But i am unable to create BRIN index on one column of the
    > table as i got error listed below
    >

    > [local]:6263 postgres@huawei=# CREATE INDEX brin_idx on huawei
    using
    > brin ("dFetch");
    > ERROR:  data type boolean has no default operator class for access
    > method "brin"
    > HINT:  You must specify an operator class for the index or define a
    > default operator class for the data type.

    honestly, a BRIN-Index on a bool-column doesn't make much sense.
    What do
    you want to achive? Maybe a partial index with a where-condition
    on that
    column makes much more sense.

    Regards, Andreas

-- 2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
    www.2ndQuadrant.com <http://www.2ndQuadrant.com>

Hi

I want to execute distinct query at less possible time

for that reason ,Even i have already tried with BTREE indexes & HASH indexes on required columns .distinct query execution time was not reduced

select  distinct sub_head."vchSubmittersCode" ,rec."vchFileName" , rec."vchCusipFundIDSubFundID" , rec."vchFundUnitPrice"  ,  sub_head."vchValuationDate" ,rec."vchAdvisorLabel" from  "table1" rec join  "table2" sub_head on rec."vchSubmittersCode"=sub_head."vchSubmittersCode" where rec."bFetch"=false and sub_head."bFetch"=false ;

Query taken around 7 minutes time to execute with BTREE indexes & HASH indexes on required columns

try an index like

create index idx_t1 on table1 ("vchSubmittersCode") where "bFetch"=false
and
create index idx_t2 on table2 ("vchSubmittersCode") where "bFetch"=false

and check if the plan changed and the indexes are in use. You can use create index concurrently to prevent lockings.

Regards, Andreas