On 9/21/18 10:12 AM, Ravi Krishna wrote:
We recently upgraded our JDBC driver to 42.2.5 after seeing this
https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1883/

All of our PG databases mandates SSL connections.  So the first line in
pg_hba.conf is

hostnossl all all all reject

We use dbeaver and while setting up connection we check box SSL (require).
Attempt to connect without that checked would result in the following error
"pg_hba.conf rejected the connection: SSL off"

With the JDBC version listed in the subject, we are finding that we can connect
to the database even without checking SSL.  Is that expected with this version
of
JDBC. Does it automatically make the connection an SSL one?  Otherwise it is
hard
to see PG allowing that connection to pass.

First are doing a socket connection or a host connection? Socket connections ignore sslmode.

Second what happens if you do some version of this?:

psql postgresql://localhost:5432/test?sslmode=require

psql postgresql://localhost:5432/test?sslmode=disable

thanks

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@aklaver.com