I guess max_replication_slots has to >  current total slots in use. (and
not >= )

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/runtime-config-replication.html
https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/d6e98ebe375e115c29028f9bd090f0f7e07e2527/src/backend/replication/slot.c#L1506

from the doc, it says defaults are 10, any reason why you have set it to 2.
You need to set it at a value higher than number of slots active.
also, i guess changing this parameter would require a server restart.

Regards,
Vijay