On 10/31/18 2:40 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
On Wed, 31 Oct 2018, Rich Shepard wrote:

Still bad links remaining.

  Every pg_* not in /usr/lib/postgresql/10.3/bin/ now points to its namesake
there.

Hmm. Grasping at straws. In a previous post you mentioned:

"If it matters, there's no /etc/postgresql/ and none in the backups since the beginning of August. "

What is in the backups at the beginning of August.

As Andrew pointed out the binary you are using thinks its files are in 10.2/.

The question is what was running Postgres 'correctly' before this most recent change?

Is there information in the system logs from your last successful start that you would help with this?

   Question: if pg_dump, pg_dumpall, pg_restore, pg_ctl, and pg_controldata
have symlinks in /usr/bin/ do they also need symlinks in /bin/? The ones
found there dated back to 2010 and I don't know that they're needed now.

  pg_ctl start still cannot find the proper timezonesets/ directory. If you have suggestions what pg_ctl is calling that looks in the non-existent 10.2/
directory instead of the existing 10.3/ directory please let me know.

Rich

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@aklaver.com