On 30/10/2018 15:03, p.piero...@mmbb.it wrote:
> I thought that the “BEGIN/END” block was used to create new transactions
> and that each of them could be managed individually.

In PL/pgSQL, BEGIN/END just create syntactic blocks, they don't manage
transactions.

COMMIT and ROLLBACK manage top-level transactions, but those cannot be
nested (since they are top-level).

In order to create a nested transaction structure, you need to use
subtransactions.  In PL/pgSQL, you can use BEGIN/END blocks with an
exception clause to create subtransactions.

I'm not sure what your code is actually trying to do, but you might need
to reorganize it a bit.