On 11/12/18 1:17 AM, Karl Martin Skoldebrand wrote:
Are there any recommendations regarding upgrading from PG 9.3 to 9.6 or 10.x?

I found a few changes at https://severalnines.com/blog/upgrading-your-database-to-postgresql-version-10 but are there more things to keep in mind regarding changes in scripts/queries that might affect an already existing application? Should we stop at 9.6 or go 10.x considering that 10.x seems almost about a year old, and 11.x is out there.

Go here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/release.html

and click on the notes for the first release for each major release. Prior to 10 the numbering system was Major.major.minor, e.g. 9.3.x --> 9.4.x was a major change. With 10+ the scheme is Major.minor so 10.x --> 11.x. So in your case the first release you would visit is:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/release-9-4.html

To be more certain I would set up a dev database with the new version and test against that.

I have limited experience with PG so far, but quite long experience with MySQL and OSS in general.

Best regards,

Martin Skjoldebrand

Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html internally within TechMahindra.

Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@aklaver.com