Hello,

On 14.11.2018 01:42, Jeffrey Kamei wrote:
I'm trying to get the <-> operator to recognize a trigram index (GIST) I've set on a table. Using `EXPLAIN VERBOSE` I can see the query engine ignoring the trigram index when using the `<->` operator. However if I use the `%` operator, the index is found and used. Can you explain why this is happening? As far as I can tell from the documentation, the `<->` operator should be using the index as well.

Yes <-> operator should use a GiST index. Can you show your query and its plan?

--
Arthur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company