On 12/2/18 5:24 AM, Igor Korot wrote:
Hi, Adrian,
Sorry for the delay to come back to this. I was busy doing other things.

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 12:32 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.kla...@aklaver.com> wrote:

On 07/03/2018 10:21 AM, Igor Korot wrote:
Hi, ALL,
Is there any trigger or some other means I can do on the server
which will watch for CREATE/ALTER/DROP TABLE command and after successful
execution of those will issue a NOTIFY statement?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/event-triggers.html

So if I understand correctly, I should write the trigger for the event
I am interested in.
And in this trigger I write a little SQL that will write the DDL
command in some temporary table.

I'm just looking for a way to execute this trigger and a function from
my C++ code
on the connection (either ODBC or thru the libpq).

Event triggers are fired by database events not by external prompting, so you do not need to have your code execute the trigger. You do have the option of disabling/enabling then though:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/sql-altereventtrigger.html

And then in my C++ code I will continuously query this temporary table.

Why a temporary table? They are session specific and if the session aborts prematurely you will lose the information.

Or there is a better alternative on the algorithm?

Thank you.

Thank you.

--
Adrian Klaver