on a CentOS 7.5 machine with PostgreSQL 10.3 installed from the PGDG yum repo,
I have a strange error when trying to update to 10.6.

A simple "yum update" updated everything except postgresql10-server.x86_64!

That package gives (repeatedly) the error message:

Error unpacking rpm package postgresql10-server-10.6-1PGDG.rhel7.x86_64
error: unpacking of archive failed: cpio: lstat

I would try cleaning up all the data (packages and metadata) and trying again:

yum clean all
yum update postgresql10-server

Regards,

Thanks Martín,

a yum clean all did not help.

In the end, some time later (and after a reboot) yum update
succeeded and we never found out why.

I think we can archive this as a one-time glitch with yum.

Bye,
Chris.