Hi

On 1/15/19 5:54 PM, ROS Didier wrote:
Hi

We are going to implement repmgr according to the following configuration :

-Primary node on the site A

-Standby node on the site B

-Witness node on the same site A

Do we need to use LOCATION repmgr parameter in this case to avoid Split Brain
and permit STONIT ?

In this case, the "location" parameter should be the same for all nodes.

FYI the "location" parameter is intended for the use case where you have a large
number of nodes in multiple data centres and need to ensure that only a node in
the
same data centre (location) as the primary can get promoted.

STONITH is something you'll need to implement yourself.

Regards

Ian Barwick

--
 Ian Barwick                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/