De: Adrian Klaver <adrian.kla...@aklaver.com>
Enviado: martes, 5 de febrero de 2019 12:44
Para: Maximilian Tyrtania
Cc: pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org
Asunto: Re: Connection issue

On 2/5/19 7:18 AM, Maximilian Tyrtania wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> On 5. Feb 2019, at 15:57, Adrian Klaver <adrian.kla...@aklaver.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 2/5/19 1:48 AM, Maximilian Tyrtania wrote:
>>> For some reason I can't connect to my PG 10.6.1 Server (running on Ubuntu)
>>> from my Windows installation (run via Parallels on my Mac), no matter what
>>> app I use (tried psql, PGAdmin and my own app).
>>
>> Has it ever connected?
>
> Yes, it connected without issues last week.
>
>> Have you recently updated any of the involved software?
>
> Well, sure, but after I saw I couldn't connect I downloaded the current
> version of PGAdmin and psql and couldn't connect with them either.
>
>> More below.
>>
>>> When trying to connect from PGAdmin 4 the server logs say:
>>> 2019-02-05 10:34:30.558 CET [31051] [unbekannt]@[unbekannt] LOG:  00000:
>>> Verbindung empfangen: Host=ip5b4054ce.dynamic.kabel-deutschland.de
>>> Port=50262
>>> 2019-02-05 10:34:30.558 CET [31051] [unbekannt]@[unbekannt] ORT:
>>> BackendInitialize, postmaster.c:4249
>>> 2019-02-05 10:34:30.648 CET [31051] [unbekannt]@[unbekannt] LOG:  08006:
>>> konnte Daten vom Client nicht empfangen: Connection reset by peer
>>> 2019-02-05 10:34:30.648 CET [31051] [unbekannt]@[unbekannt] ORT:
>>> pq_recvbuf, pqcomm.c:978
>>> ("konnte Daten vom Client nicht empfangen" means "couldn't receive data
>>> from client")
>>> PGAdmin says the usual " Unable to connect to server:..."
>>> No issue connecting from the Mac.
>>> I see in the logfile that other windows users did connect successfully from
>>> their windows boxes so I am ready to believe that maybe my Parallels
>>> somehow disconnects the connection quickly or something.
>>> Another strange thing is that if I try to connect from my Xojo app (which
>>> uses libpq internally) it says:SSL error: unknown protocol. I had no issue
>>> connecting last week from that installation so I am at my wits end...
>>
>> Where is the Xojo app running?
>>
>> Is the pg_hba.conf on the server set up to allow connections from the client
>> machines?
>
> Yes. Also the errormessage wouldn't be "Connection reset by peer" if it was a
> pga_hba.conf issue, would it? And anyway, I can connect just fine from my Mac
> with the same credentials. I wonder if this is maybe some Parallels issue.

Well if you could connect from Parallels last week, you upgraded it and
now you cannot connect then I would suspect it. This assumes that the
Xojo app is also running in the Parallels instance. Given the SSL error
you might see if they changed anything in that area.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@aklaver.com