Hi,

Got this issue again.
Settings on the platform (PG 9.6.11):
max_pred_locks_per_transaction = 3000
max_connections = 800

Despite the fact that documentation says:
> with the exception of fast-path locks, each lock manager will deliver a
consistent set of results
I've noticed the following:
1. pg_locks showed 2 million SIReadLocks for the pid that has been in the
"idle" state for a dozen of seconds already.
2. pg_locks showed count of 5 million SIReadLock granted although I
expected a limit of 2.4 million SIReadLocks with settings provided above.

And still no any signs of serializable transactions that could live for a 1
billion xids.
--
Pavel Suderevsky
E: psuderevsky(at)gmail(dot)com