On 7/28/19 1:24 PM, Peter J. Holzer wrote:
On 2019-07-16 19:20:24 +0000, Alex Williams wrote:
1. postgres=# ALTER DATABASE mydatabase SET TABLESPACE pg_default;

ERROR:  some relations of database "mydatabase" are already in tablespace
"pg_default"

HINT:  You must move them back to the database's default tablespace before
using this command.

What's the reason for this error? Wouldn't it be simpler to leave
relations alone which are already in the correct tablespace?

~/src/backend/commands/dbcommands.c

 /*
* Check for existence of files in the target directory, i.e., objects of
* this database that are already in the target tablespace.  We can't
* allow the move in such a case, because we would need to change those
* relations' pg_class.reltablespace entries to zero, and we don't have
* access to the DB's pg_class to do so.
*/

         hp

--