El día viernes, octubre 18, 2019 a las 03:01:58p. m. +0200, Tom Lane escribió:

> Matthias Apitz <g...@unixarea.de> writes:
> > When we export char columns with our Perl tools, they come out  with
> > trailing blanks (in Sybase they don't). Can this be suppressed?
>
> Switch to varchar, perhaps?
>
>                       regards, tom lane

Sometimes people does not know, what they propose. We have a historical
25 years grown ILS which runs on top of Sybase, Oracle, Informix ... and
should now be ported to PostgreSQL. We can't simple switch internal
table structures and adopt some 10.000.000 lines of code (or debug while
it is now crashing).

Thanks anyway.

        matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ g...@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045

3. Oktober! Wir gratulieren! Der Berliner Fernsehturm wird 50
aus: https://www.jungewelt.de/2019/10-02/index.php