Le jeu. 6 févr. 2020 à 03:55, Vik Fearing <v...@postgresfriends.org> a
écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I proposed a patch to add %x to PROMPT1 and PROMPT2 by default in psql.
>
> The effect of this is:
>
> - nothing at all when not in a transaction,

Too bad it doesn't add a space, so that we still have the same space used
byt the prompt whatever the status of the transaction. That's probably the
only thing that bugs me with %x.

- adding a '*' when in a transaction or a '!' when in an aborted
>   transaction.
>
> Before making a change to a long-time default, a poll in this group was
> requested.
>
> Please answer +1 if you want or don't mind seeing transaction status by
> default in psql or -1 if you would prefer to keep the current default.
>
> Thanks!
>
> +1 from me.

+1 from me as well. Actually, thanks to you, I added it to my .psqlrc file
in the meantime. But it would be very interesting when I work on a
customer's server.

--
Guillaume.