Hi,

What I've been trying to do: write a web app that, upon receiving a request, automatically gets a DB connection with only the permissions it needs. In order to do that I'd like to create a mechanism for dynamically granting a role a set of permissions necessary for the given request and then revoking them (alternatively, we could pre-create a number of roles for each set of permissions but I'd like to avoid that solution, as it's very incovenient).

There are a number of solutions to this problem: you could use triggers/views, you could use security definer functions to grant/revoke permissions for a pool of roles. None of the solutions I've been able to come up with work on connections to the standby.

Does anything I've stated above strike you as obviously wrong? If not, do you perhaps have any ideas on how this problem could be tackled?

I would very much appreciate any ideas.

Cheers,
Vladimir