From: Michael Loftis <mlof...@wgops.com>

>>From: Kevn Brannen
>>I have an unusual need:  I need Pg to slow down. I know, we all want our DB
>>to go faster, but in this case it's speed is working against me in 1 area.
>>
>>We have systems that are geo-redundant for HA, with the redundancy being
>>handled by DRBD to keep the disks in sync...

> drbdsetup allows you to control the sync rates.

I was hoping not to have to do that, but the more I think about this I'm
realizing that it won't hurt because the network cap is effectively limiting me
anyway. :)

I can & will do this, maybe at 90% of our bandwidth, so thanks for the
suggestion. Still, this is sort of a last resort thing as I believe controlling
the DB to be the ultimate need.

Thanks!
Kevin
.
This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages
attached to it, may contain confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, review,
copy or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this message
is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please
immediately notify us by reply e-mail, and destroy the original transmission
and its attachments without reading them or saving them to disk. Thank you.