On 4/21/20 4:56 PM, Dummy Account wrote:
Hello,
I installed pgAdmin4, I believe the postgesSQL version is 12.  I'm running Mac OS X High Sierra 10.13.6. After logging into pgAdmin and successfully entering "master password".  While clicking on the only instance there, in this case it is "PostgreSQL 12" that is where I get the following error:

could not connect to server: Connection refused Is the server running on host "localhost" (::1) and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? could not connect to server: Connection refused Is the server running on host "localhost" (127.0.0.1) and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

Looks like the Postgres server is not running.

Can you confirm whether the server is up?

I can say that a multitude of programs that were accessing this database can no-longer access the database; they all run the same password needed to access this cluster, I think it is a cluster.  I tried right-clicking "PostgreSQL 12" and clearing stored password, so I think I will need to reset that if you could advise on that too.

Lastly, I will also add that I recently restored my Operating System from a backup because I swapped a HDD out for a SSD.

Please see screenshot for reference.

Thanks

--
Adrian Klaver