Da: Adrian Klaver
A: Gabriele Bulfon
pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org
Data: 29 maggio 2020 15.45.32 CEST
Oggetto: Re: problem with self built postgres 9.0.9
On 5/29/20 6:32 AM, Gabriele Bulfon wrote:
Hi, I had to build postgres 9.0.9 from sources to run it under our new
XStreamOS/illumos release.
First 9.0 is ~ 5 years past EOL and it ended at 9.0.23.
Second this is as close as I could come to a solution:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/17948.1365090217%40sss.pgh.pa.us
Given that you say you are building against a new OS release I would
look at what changed in the development stack.
It used to build and run without problems in previous releases.
On this, just by running initdb I get these errors:
sonicle@xstorage1:/sonicle$ initdb -D /sonicle/pgdata
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "sonicle".
The database cluster will be initialized with locale en_US.UTF-8.
The default database encoding has accordingly been set to UTF8.
The default text search configuration will be set to "english".
creating directory /sonicle/pgdata ... ok
creating subdirectories ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 100
selecting default shared_buffers ... 32MB
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in /sonicle/pgdata/base/1 ... ok
initializing pg_authid ... FATAL: column is not in index
child process exited with exit code 1
initdb: removing data directory "/sonicle/pgdata"
Even running postgres over an already previously populated pgdata, any
attempt to connect to the database results in "FATAL: column is not in
Any idea where the problem may be?
Thanks!
Gabriele
*Sonicle S.r.l. *: http://www.sonicle.com