On 2020-05-31 06:33, Igor Polishchuk wrote:
I need to replicate Postgresql 9.6 to  AWS RDS Postgresql 12.2 with pg_logical.
AWS RDS Pg 12.2 (target) only supports pg_logical 2.3.0.
Can I use v2.3.1 on the source and v2.3.0 on the target?

In principle yes, since the compatibility is controlled by a protocol version that is separate from the release version.

Note, however, that 2.3.1 is a bug-fix release on top of 2.3.0, and there is now also a 2.3.2. Just like with PostgreSQL core, it's advisable to use the latest minor release, and if anything goes wrong, the first piece of advice would likely be to upgrade.