You can use fail2ban for example. See for example this thread here
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/61463e206b7c4c0ca17b03a59e890b78%40lmco.com,

and the config on https://github.com/rc9000/postgres-fail2ban-lockout.

(probably needs some small adaptations, but as a base it should work).

--

Magnus Hagander

Me: https://www.hagander.net/

Work: https://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Having  been down this road myself, these are the options I eventually
identified.  Each obviously has its benefits and drawbacks:

  *   Change the Postgres source code and deploy a new version.  Believe there
are examples of how to do this in Git.
  *   Disable/disallow local accounts and rely on LDAP.  Be aware passwords
would be passed in clear text across the network unless your DCs require SSL.
  *   Disable/disallow local accounts and rely on PKI certificates.  I don’t
know that this would necessarily limit failed login attempts but is definitely
much more secure.
  *   Procure a vendor-supported version of PostgreSQL which offers this
functionality.
  *   Fail2ban, as Magnus observed.
  *   Leverage something like Splunk monitoring to identify failed logins and
then reach back into the database to lock accounts when appropriate.

Hope this is of some help.

Ken