Hi!

There is data directory from Postgres 9.3 server from old Centos.

Centos server is not running anymore and there is window 10 workstation to recover.

1. Tried to recover data from it installing 9.3 and 13 servers in windows 10 and using

"C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\13\bin\pg_upgrade.exe" ^
--old-datadir "D:/Centos93Data/data" ^
--new-datadir "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/13/data" ^
--old-bindir "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.3/bin" ^
--new-bindir "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/13/bin"

It complained that postmaster seems working. I deleted postmaster.pid file. Now it throws  error

Performing Consistency Checks
Checking cluster versions ok
The source cluster was not shut down cleanly.
Failure, exiting

2. Tried to run old server using

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\bin\pg_ctl.exe" start -D "D:/Centos93Data/data"

got error

FATAL:  database files are incompatible with server

DETAIL:  The database cluster was initialized with USE_FLOAT8_BYVAL but the server was compiled without USE_FLOAT8_BYVAL.
HINT:  It looks like you need to recompile or initdb.

I tried both 32 and 64 bit 9.3 servers in windows but error is the same.

How to recover data from 9.3 linux directory ?

Andrus.