On 3/12/21 8:30 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
Hi Jan,

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 06:13:33PM -0500, Jan Wieck wrote:
One of the things in my way is that when using pg_resetwal to put the
NextXID way into the future (to push the old cluster close to wraparound for
example), the postmaster won't start because it doesn't have the pg_xact
files for that around. Should pg_resetwal create the files in the gap
between the old NextXID and the new one?

I think that you should add this patch to the next commit fest to
track it properly:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/33/
--
Michael

Actually this is the wrong patch (this one is for PG-12, not for HEAD). Will update later today.

But yes, putting it into the next commitfest after initial discussion is the plan.

Regards, Jan

--
Jan Wieck
Principle Database Engineer