ok, running too many connections without recycling has an overhead.
no wonder pgbouncer is all over as a sidecar :)

In case anyone is interested, this blog is a great read.
Analyzing the Limits of Connection Scalability in Postgres - Microsoft Tech
Community
<https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/azure-database-for-postgresql/analyzing-the-limits-of-connection-scalability-in-postgres/ba-p/1757266>

<https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/azure-database-for-postgresql/analyzing-the-limits-of-connection-scalability-in-postgres/ba-p/1757266>

--