On 10/3/21 10:15 AM, Joao Miguel Ferreira wrote:

I just wanted to save the command inside the SQL file to be able to "remember" it later. ideally I would open the file on some text editor and see the original pg_dump command on the few first lines, as a comment

-- original command was: psql -h some_host -p .....

    Are you dumping in plain or custom format?

plain (SQL)

A quick test here found that manually adding:

-- original command was: psql -h some_host -p .....

as:

-- Dumped by pg_dump version XX.x
-- original command was: psql -h some_host -p .....

at head of file did not infer with the restore.

No guarantees though.

     > thank you
     > Joao

-- Adrian Klaver