st 6. 10. 2021 v 5:50 odesílatel <m...@ft-c.de> napsal:

> Hello,
>
> there is a bug with types in functions. Here is an example:
>
> --drop type  xyz;
> create type xyz as ( x numeric,  y numeric,  z numeric );
>
> --drop table  test_xyz ;
> create table test_xyz (  a int,  b xyz, c xyz );
> insert into  test_xyz values
> ( 1,(11.1, 12.3, 14.5 ), (22.2, 22.3, 24.5 ) ) ;
>
> --drop  function test_xyz() ;
> create function test_xyz() returns table ( a xyz, b xyz)  as
> $$
>  select b, c from test_xyz ;
> $$ language sql ;
>
> --drop   function test_xyz2() ;
> create function test_xyz2() returns table ( b xyz)  as
> $$
>  select  b from test_xyz  ;
> $$ language sql ;
>
> --drop   function test_xyz3() ;
> create function test_xyz3() returns table ( b xyz)  as
> $$
> declare
>   bb xyz;
>   cc xyz;
> begin
>   select b, c into bb, cc from test_xyz ;
>   return bb ;
> end;
> $$ language plpgsql ;
> -- ------
> select * from test_xyz() ;
> select * from test_xyz2() ; -- 3 columns, but 1 should be correct?
> select b from test_xyz2() ; -- error
> select x from test_xyz2() ; -- never declared column
> select * from test_xyz3() ; -- compiling error

This is correct;

This should be:

create function test_xyz3() returns table ( b xyz)  as
$$
declare
  bb xyz;
  cc xyz;
  r record
begin
  -- this case is not supported, you cannot to assign to list of composite
variables
  -- select b, c into bb, cc from test_xyz ;
  select b, c into r;
  bb := r.b;
 -- you cannot to use return bb, because expected result type is (xyz) not
xyz
  return next;
end;
$$ language plpgsql ;

I am not sure, if you want to use RETURNS table(), because in this case
multi row result is expected. In this case you should to use RETURN NEXT
instead RETURN in PLpgSQL

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/plpgsql-control-structures.html#PLPGSQL-STATEMENTS-RETURNING

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/plpgsql-control-structures.html#PLPGSQL-STATEMENTS-RETURNING

Regards