On 12/31/21 12:27 PM, Martin Mueller wrote:
I know that on my Mac the tables are  kept in the  data directory /Users/martinmueller/Library/Application Support/Postgres/var-13.  If I go there I see that internally the tables have numbers.  Somewhere in the system there must be a table that maps the name I gave to table X to the numerical  inside the database.

Where is that mapping and how can I query it?  On what page of the documentation do I find the answer?

Dear Prof. Mueller,

This question strikes Postgres people a bit like your teenager asking where you keep the tallest ladder. There aren't many practical uses for accessing these files directly, and if you do it's likely to break your database. Could you speak a bit more about your goal here? Perhaps someone can suggest a good way to achieve it.

Yours,

--
Paul              ~{:-)
p...@illuminatedcomputing.com