On 19/07/2022 11:11, Ronald Haynes wrote:
Hi folks,  I am a fairly novice postgresql user.

I have a backup file for a couple of small postgresql databases.    The backup file was created using postgresql 12.2, my Mac now has a postgresql 13.x or 14.x versions.   I would like to restore the setup from the backup file.

That looks like a dump file generated by pg_dumpall, so restoring it should be as simple as:

   psql -f backup-file.sql

You'll possibly need other connection parameters as required by psql, such as -U (the PostgreSQL user to use for connecting) or others.

HTH,

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell // Galway // Ireland