On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 1:49 PM Dionisis Kontominas
<dkontomi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It depends on whether you keep the GUI in Oracle APEX. If so then yes, as
> APEX and tomcat and ORDS are free and need only the basic license for the
> Oracle DB. Otherwise if a free/low cost low code tool/framework is found then
> they can be abolished.

It's been several years since I have looked at APEX, but my
recollection was that it relied heavily on Oracle packages and
functions, and the few attempts I saw towards porting any of that to
Postgres were abandoned pretty quickly. This generally resulted in
most migrations becoming full-on rewrites into a new platform. Once
you've given that up, its most a matter of finding a new platform that
you want to work with... most of the companies I worked with moved to
things like django or rails, but I suspect something like budibase
and/or similar alternatives might be more what you are angling
towards. Hope that helps.

Robert Treat
https://xzilla.net