Hi

po 15. 1. 2024 v 11:00 odesílatel PavelTurk <pavelturk2...@gmail.com>
napsal:

> Hello all,
>

> Currently PostgreSQL doesn't support data change delta tables. For example,
> it doesn't support this type of query:
>
> SELECT * FROM NEW TABLE (
>      INSERT INTO phone_book
>      VALUES ( 'Peter Doe', '555-2323' )
> ) AS t
>
> PostgreSQL has RETURNING that provides only a subset of this functionality.
>

> So I suggest to add support for data change delta tables. Because this
> feature is more powerful and it is included
> in the SQL Standard.

This is the wrong mailing list - probably you should send your proposal to
pgsql-hackers.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Developer_FAQ

The community development is based on patches. If you propose some
feature,  usually you should implement it. Probably nobody will implement
it instand you.

Regards

Pavel