In case I’m not correct on the issues with these types, myself, what are the
misconceptions, or where might I find them for  myself?

My current understanding:

• character is fixed-length, blank-padded. Not sure when you’d want that, but
it seems clear. Is the name just confusing?
• timestamptz is just converted to a timestamp in UTC. Folks might imagine that
it stores the time zone but it doesn’t.
• time with time zone *does* store the time zone, but this isn’t actually
useful and should be avoided (I’m not entirely sure why and the docs only
gesture at the problems without stating them, IIRC)
• money is a fixed-point decimal value, the number of decimal places is locale
determined. I’m not aware of any particular problems with that