Hi, please ignore my last email about the patch. :/

I have determined that pushdown of custom data types through fdw in fact
does make sense.

Consider this query:
SELECT * FROM customers WHERE <user_defined_type_col>
<user_defined_operator> <user_defined_function>;

To push down the WHERE clause to the foreign servers, both local and
foreign server must have the user_defined database objects (else the query
won't work on the foreign servers).
For built-in types, operators, functions, Postgres knows that pushdown is
safe as the foreign servers the db objects. But for the user_defined db
objects, postgres won't know. Hence, user_defined_type_col needs to be
pushed down explicitly.

--
Regards
Rajan Pandey