On 5/23/24 06:01, HORDER Philip wrote:
Classified as: {OPEN}

I actually hadn't thought to look for Postgres bugs, the system is so reliable
for us, it just doesn't go wrong!

I can trigger the fault be running a reload of the lfm database, and we've been
running Postgres 10 & 13 for several years now without seeing this problem.

Our symptoms match that bug description exactly, so I'm pretty confident this
is the problem.
I'll have to push through the right paperwork to get a Postgres update, and
that will take a while

While you are doing the paperwork make sure it is for upgrade to 15.7. Also might mention minor upgrades (x in X.x) are a good idea as Postgres, like any software, does get bugs and the minor releases fix them. Point the folks in charge at:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/release.html

Also minor releases as a rule do not require dump/restore or pg_upgrade or other heavy lifting. There have been exceptions, but they are rare.

Thank you so much for your time.

Phil Horder
Database Mechanic

Thales