Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> We support WIn95/98 clients, not servers.

I thought we did have a cygwin-based server port?  If not, there's
a heckuva lot of useless "PORTNAME=win" conditional compilation in
the backend.

Mind you, I don't think any sane dbadmin would use Windoze as a
platform for a mission-critical application, regardless of database
engine choice.  So the cygwin port is pretty much a toy IMHO.
If MySQL wants to have the toy-application market segment, they're
welcome to it.

                        regards, tom lane