On 09/08/2007 23:40, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

My database is restored from a dump file every day. How I know that this
database is up to date (as it has no timestamp in any table).

If I create a file, I can know when I created it by seeing its property.
How I can do the same thing with a back up database.

Actually, it *would* be really handy if pg_dump included a timestamp in the plain-text output. The version I use regularly (Windows) doesn't...it simply says "PostgreSQL database dump" which is only helpful to a point. :-)

Ray.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

      match