Merlin Moncure wrote:
I seem to recall giving out a query about that in the IRC channel a
while back...so if you got it from me, now I'll attempt to finish the
job :-).

If you can get postfix to look at a view, maybe you could
CREATE VIEW email_v AS
SELECT
       usr_email, dom_name,
       b.dom_name||'/'||a.usr_email||'/inbox' AS email_file
FROM users a, domains b
WHERE
 a.usr_dom_id=b.dom_id;
  AND a.usr_email='mkelly'
  AND b.dom_name='test.com';

and just
select * from email_v where usr_email = 'mkelly' and dom_name = 'test.com';

merlin

  Hiya,

Nope, wasn't me, but I was indeed able to solve the problem with a few (I posted the details in a follow up). It was pretty similar to your suggestion, so you were certainly onto something. :)

Madi

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq