On Nov 28, 2007, at 8:50 AM, Glyn Astill wrote:

Hi people,

When I try to compile Slony 1.2 I get the following error:P

parser.y:1090:18: error: scan.c: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [parser.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/slony1-1.2.12/src/slony_logshipper'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/slony1-1.2.12/src'

I've installed bison.

Anyone got any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Slony mailing list will be more helpful... but I ran into this. the solution for me was to uninstall bison and re-build. for some reason if the slony configure script finds bison, it forces it to rebuild the parser. i think the parser requires a certain version of bison.

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq