Tom Lane wrote:
Stefan Niantschur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
So far I have been successfully doing calls to SPI, select the data from the table and return it. However, this works only with string not larger than page size of char[8192]. The strings I expect are much longer and this causes the backend to crash.

Hardly surprising when you're printing the string into a fixed-size 8K buffer.
The buffer overflow is smashing the stack, in particular the function's
return address.

He also uses the variable "i" in *both* parts of his nested loop.

Stefan, you should probably pick up a C programming book before going too much further with this.

Colin

      match