I imagine you can get round the second one by building your software
so it supports PostgreSQL as well - that way you don't 'require
customes to install MySQL'.
Well, I'm not sure how they'd even know you were doing this, but as a commercial company, I'd suggest you not follow that advice since the code would not work without install MySQL. Yes, they could install PG instead, and if they did, MySQL would have no problem. But if you use MySQL, then clearly it's required and a commercial license would be required (though perhaps at least you'd put the legal obligation on the end customer). Of course, all of this is based on reading their high level stuff, not the actual legal document that may be tighter or looser.

That fact that there's so much confusion and so many instances in which commercial licenses would be required that I say they are only open source in self-branding, not reality.

David