Peter Geoghegan wrote:
Hello,

I'm developing a large postgreSQL database front end application on
win32. I'd consider the ability to debug Pl/PgSQL functions highly
desirable. Until now, I've been using RAISE NOTICE debugging, which is
equivalent to printf debugging, and is sub optimal.

"Sub optimal" is the polite way of saying it :-)

It is installed as a contrib module with the Windows distribution of
PostgreSQL 8.3 and above". When I recently installed postgreSQL 8.3.1
from the win32 MSI binary distribution, there was no reference to this
contrib module. There was also no reference to it in the bundled
"stack builder" application. What did I miss?

It should be one of the optional items to install (like pl/perl or crypto etc) - there's a screen of tickboxes at some point during the install.

I'd re-run the installer and see if it lets you add the module. Oh, turn paranoid mode on first of course and backup your databases.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd