Terry Lee Tucker wrote:
Greetings:

We have been working diligently toward integrating Slony into our production databases. We've been having trouble with various tables, although being replicated perfectly in the initial replication stage, afterwards, getting out of sync.

I have finally figured out what the problem is. We have a Perl process that continually updates certain columns across all databases. That Perl process calls a function we have written called disable_triggers which updates pg_class, setting reltriggers to 0 for the given table, and then later, after the work is complete, resetting reltriggers to the original value. Unfortunately, during this process, the Slony trigger is disabled as well which is causing our problem.

My questions is this: how would I go about changing my function so that all the triggers EXCEPT the Slony trigger would be disabled? Any ideas?

Version:
PostgreSQL 7.4.19 on i686-redhat-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-9)

Me thinks you forgot to mention that you are working on implementing this on Postgresql 8.3.1.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

 - Benjamin Franklin