Jan Christian Dittmer wrote:
Thank you very much!
You have remind me that the our server runs under Linux and not under Windows as our clients :-)
So indeed I can use a sed-pipe construct to switch '.' and ','.
But wait, there is just another problem then. Our date format is also german :-( "DD.MM.YY" or "DD.MM.YYYY". So if I just exchange '.' and ',' the date will be unreadable for the import :-( The (current) file is 1.4 GB so it will take ages to let awk chew on it I guess.

If all fails you could copy into a another table where you use
text columns and then translate afterwards via to_date() and
to_number() / replace().

Cheers
Tino