If my perusal of the sql generated by pg_dump is correct, then it doesn't appear that it's wrapped in a transaction, and thus might be able to only complete a partial restore?

Or does

psql myDatabase <mypg_dumpfile

wrap the file stream in a transaction?

If not, is there a reason why it can't be done so (some process that cannot be run as a transaction inside the file)?

Or should I just add begin and commit statements at the beginning and end of file?

I want to provide a mechanized daily update of one schema into a differently named database, and I'd like it to rollback if if fails.

-Owen