On Nov 24, 2009, at 7:25 AM, Kurt wrote:
I'd like to ask, whether there is a way to exclude a table from the
regular transaction rollback.

Nope, there is not.

The only solution I came up with till now, is
to put the log data into the exception's error message, parse the
pgsql-logging-file in /var/log with a cron-script and fix the log- table
with that.

That's probably the best solution if you want the error message to end up in a table.

So what
I'm looking for, is a table that behaves like a temporary table (e.g.
excluded from WAL and transaction logic), but with the lifetime of a
normal table.

Just to be clear, temporary tables partake of the same logic as regular tables; for example, even a TEMPORARY ON COMMIT DROP table can be used with savepoints within a transaction.

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   x...@thebuild.com