Brian Witt wrote:
Thanks for the response.  I was afraid of that.  Can I make this a
feature request? How do I do that? Should I add it to this page: http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo
Generally it's better to see if there's at least some general support for an idea before adding it to the TODO list. In this case, I don't think you'll find any. The current way you get everything out of log_statement is completely reasonable for most people, and I doubt you'll ever get one of the folks who hack on PostgreSQL to work on the feature you'd like unless you paid them to. You'd need a much better justification for why you can't just filter things out of the log yourself before it would be worth further complicating the code involved. It's just not a common request--if anything, you might find people want everything *but* SELECTs.

g...@2ndquadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com