Hi,

I'm looking at my log file (see my log file below) and it seems like the
autovacuum daemon is turned on by default in Postgres 8.3.8.  Does that mean
that I no longer need to manually invoke the autovacuum command anymore?  I
used to do it manually in an older version of Postgres.

tail postgresql-2010-06-02_000000.log
DEBUG:  autovacuum: processing database "template1"
DEBUG:  server process (PID 31719) exited with exit code 0
DEBUG:  autovacuum: processing database "marydatabase"
DEBUG:  server process (PID 31729) exited with exit code 0
DEBUG:  autovacuum: processing database "postgres"
DEBUG:  server process (PID 31739) exited with exit code 0
DEBUG:  autovacuum: processing database "template1"
DEBUG:  server process (PID 31741) exited with exit code 0
DEBUG:  autovacuum: processing database "marydatabase"
DEBUG:  server process (PID 31753) exited with exit code 0

Thanks
Mary