Hi List,

I need a small help regarding the password options available with PGSQL, I
found POSTGRE SQL has -W and -password options available which is prompting for
the password. But I want to take the password thru command line argument and
keep the password in a variable. Is there any option which will help me to take
the password and used in the below way so that it will connect to the DB
without asking password again.

psql -h %server% -U %username% -d %database% -p %port% --file File.sql >> xx

Please suggest if there is any option to use the %password% variable using some
of the options avail with PSQL.

Thanks,
Ravi Katkar