John Gage schrieb:

So, perhaps what is needed in any sort of battle with MySQL is an introductory documentation that gives specific examples of how to achieve "oh wow!" worthwhile results quickly with Postgres.

I receive my "oh wow" when i do the same things in Postgres like in MySQL: Writting some procedures, triggers and use foreign key. The "oh wow" was that it just *works*. After some years of using MySQL this is a very uncommon feeling, even if you are experienced which MySQL. ;)

And after that "oh wow" you starting reading the manual.

Greetings from Germany,
Torsten

--
http://www.dddbl.de - ein Datenbank-Layer, der die Arbeit mit 8 verschiedenen Datenbanksystemen abstrahiert, Queries von Applikationen trennt und automatisch die Query-Ergebnisse auswerten kann.