Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

So I added the on_error_rollback to the script and I get this:
psql:test.sql:12: ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

That isn't right: are you sure you said ON_ERROR_ROLLBACK? It's case-sensitive. Anyway, try this shortened version:

cut and paste:

set ON_ERROR_ROLLBACK;

When I try the below, I get:

BEGIN
psql:test.sql:3: NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "abc_pkey" for table "abc"
CREATE TABLE
CREATE TABLE
SET
 ?column?
-----------
 No error:
(1 row)

INSERT 0 1
---
 2
(1 row)

ROLLBACK

BEGIN;

CREATE TEMP TABLE abc (a INT PRIMARY KEY);

CREATE TEMP TABLE def (b INT NOT NULL REFERENCES abc(a));

SET session_replication_role = replica;

SELECT 'No error:';

INSERT INTO def(b) VALUES (2);

SELECT * FROM def;