> Hi,
>
> I am looking for some advice on where to troubleshoot after 1 drive in
> a RAID 1 failed.
>
> Thank you.
>
> I am running v 7.41, I am currently importing the data to another
> physical server running 8.4 and will test with that once I can. In the
> meantime here is relevant info:
>
> Backups used to take 25 minutes, and now take 110 minutes, before
> replacing the drive it became clear the backup was not going to finish
> since in 120 minutes it had only finished 200mb of 2.8gb.

What kind of RAID is this? I know it's RAID1, but is it built using linux
sw raid (md), or is it some other solution (like a hw card)? Can you post
some diagnostics info like

mdadm --detail /dev/md1

or something like that? I guess this would be reflected in the iostat
output (at least for the 'md') but I'm not sure. Maybe there's something
still in progress (sync of the new drive?).

Tomas